Tips ? Suggestions? Praise? Death Threats?

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Let's Take This Out on Wall Street?




I was tipped off on this story via a caller to 610 WIP yesterday afternoon and now the NY Post has the details.

Apparently NY Giants fans can't take a little jarring from brokers on the New York Stock Exchange. The grandson of late Giants owner Wellington Mara attacked an Eagles fan after he joked about the Giants loss.

Per the NY Post:

"Mara started screaming, 'I'm gonna f- - -ing kill you! Don't f- - - around with my family! Don't insult my family!' " one broker said.

"Bob was like, 'Hey, what is your problem? It's just a game!' And Mara yells, 'No, it's not just a game, it's my f- - -ing family!' "...

[Tomasulo on gloating about the Eagles' win]: "[Yesterday] morning, I just did that stupid little jump shot, and I said, 'Maybe you have a basketball team instead of a football team.'

"[Mara] just snapped. He charged me like an animal. He charged me like he wanted to sack me.

"At first, he got me in a bear hug and bent me over a trading post. At first, I thought it was a joke. Then he proceeded to choke me. I passed out for a minute."

A broker who witnessed the incident said, "When it was over, Mara walked back to his booth and was just kind of laughing it off."

The best part is that the Eagles fan mocked the Giants cheesy jump shot. Personally I still prefer James Thrash's pointing-to-the-sky celebration after a 3 yard catch. Regardless, Eagles and Giants fans just can't seem to get along, and let's keep it that way. G-Men who?



Photograph of the New York Stock Exchange by mihow on Flickr

No comments: