Tips ? Suggestions? Praise? Death Threats?

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas! But I'm a Jew....

Every holiday season I am bombarded with various holiday stuff. And by holiday I mean, Christmas. Everything from marketing, music, TV specials, tacky sweaters , food, and of course a gas station decked out like a Christmas Village.


The only issue is that I'm Jewish. No horns here, just a sense of entitlement and maybe a big schnozz.

I start out the season by taking all the Christmas celebrations in stride, but eventually I seem to reach a breaking point. Case in point; I entered a store last night and was greeted with, " Happy Holidays". No problem. However, when I left a clerk said, "I hope you got everything on your Christmas list". I found this offensive and inconsiderate. I can't stand the notion of people just assuming everyone celebrates Christmas. I wonder if shoppers would feel the same if I said, "I hope you bought all your Hanukkah gifts". Oh well, I think South Park sums this up best.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a Festivus, for the rest of us!