Tips ? Suggestions? Praise? Death Threats?

Monday, January 29, 2007

This Blows........

It's been quite some time since anyone posted on here but I'm starting to get some motivation. Obviously the Eagles loss to the Saints was a heart breaker and there's no need to ponder on that game anymore. The first week after that loss was like going through the seven stages of grief. Now I'm trying to just fill the void and look forward to next season.

Which brings me to the worst part of the sport seasons; NOW! Baseball is still a couple months away from spring training. And, maybe for some people watching the Columbus Blue Jackets play the Atlanta Thrashers is a treat, but I don't get into the NHL until the finals. I do generally keep up the Flyers but they have completely shit the bed. The NBA season is almost half over but with the playoffs a few months away, I don't feel the need to watch. However, I cannot discount how much fun it is to watch the Phoenix Suns run teams off the court. They could be on a 35 game winning streak if it weren't for two last second game winning shots. I even watched a Knicks game so I could see Steve Nash at his best. The league is so lob sided to the West that the East looks like the NBADL.

Currently the most exciting sport for me is college basketball. This is when teams are deep within their conference schedules and make a big push for the tourney. I've been following Villanova, and they have a good squad. UNC looks great, and of course Duke seems to have a steady stream of annoying white guys. Pay attention to Nevada and Oregon.

And finally, R.I.P. Barbaro!

No comments: